| Japanese | English |
Past LSI Design ContestsLSI Design Contest 2017
LSI Design Contest 2016
LSI Design Contest 2015
LSI Design Contest 2014
LSI Design Contest 2013
LSI Design Contest 2012
LSI Design Contest 2011
LSI Design Contest 2010
LSI Design Contest 2009
LSI Design Contest 2008
LSI Design Contest 2007
LSI Design Contest 2006
LSI Design Contest 2005
LSI Design Contest 2004
LSI Design Contest 2003
LSI Design Contest in Okinawa, which has been conducted as part of the lesson of the University of the Ryukyus Faculty of Engineering initially, will celebrate the 21th at the earliest in 2018. In the meantime, participation from universities and technical colleges in the country not only increased, participation from foreign universities in Korea, Indonesia, and Vietnam also increased steadily in Asia, making it an international Design Contest, which is also more than 100 cases of applicants now
Well, LSI Design Contest in Okinawa this year come back with a new design challenge which is "Neural Network".
In LSI Design Contest in Okinawa, we have presented the award of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers of (Technical Committee on Smart Info-Media System) to the excellent design team from 2008. We expect applicants to design more unique to win this prize. Please try to challenge energetically!
Winners are invited to a conference in Okinawa, and we are planning to give original T-shirt to all participants.
ENJOY HDL! Let's meet in Okinawa・・
- (2017/11/20) Updated the Challenge for experts level in Design Specification - 4
- (2017/11/10) Updated the Tutorial-PDF(Vivado) , verilog-HDL ver2, details of hardware design in Design Specification - 4
- (2017/10/23) Updated the Tutorial-PDF(ISE Design Suite) file for simulation in Design Specification - 4
- (2017/10/23) Updated the verilog-HDL file for simulation in Design Specification - 4
- (2017/10/20) Updated the outline of hardware design in Design Specification - 4
- (2017/10/06) Updated the calculation example (PDF) in Design Specification
- (2017/9/14) Updated the source code in Design Specification
- (2017/9/01) Updated the 2018 edition page.
Guidelines for applicants
- Design challenge :"Neural Network(Backpropagation)"
- Design Specification
- Who can join : the team of 1-3 University or college students.
- The final report deadline : Wednesday, 31st January, 2018
- In this home page, we have used Synphony Model Compiler as a development tool;howver, applicants can freely use any type of architecutre as well as any EDA tools.
- Any Q&A: support@LSI-contest.com
- Contest Starting Time: Friday，9th Mar，2018 13:00
- Presentation 10-min, Q&A:5-min
- Prepare ppt file less than 10-slide.
Suggestion from judges
- We try to evaluate not only the speed and the area, but also your idea ,originality, uniqueness. But be sure to remember that we are not perfect, please make a good presentation to appeal us.
- We definitely take your school grade into account.
- We like fun ideas. Please do something different from others.
- Place : 50th Anniversary Memorial Hall Department of Computer Science, University of the Ryukyus
- Address : Chihaya1,Nishihara City,Okinawa 903-0213,Japan
- Campus Map 30
LSI Contest Executive Committee
- Contest General Chair
Prof. Hiroshi Ochi
Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
E-mail: Ochi@cse.kyutech.ac.jp Tel: +81-0948-29-7692
- Contest Judge Member Chair
Prof. Kazuhisa Wada
University of the Ryukyus, Japan
- Executive Committee: LSI Design Contest Committee, Okinawa Prefecture
- Partner Organization: University of the Ryukyus, Kyushu Institute of Technology
- Sponsor: Synopsys, Electronic Device Industry News, Gigafirm,
Analog Devices, Inc., Industry Association of Okinawa
Technical Committee on Smart Info-media System(SIS),Eiginnering Sciences
- Supporting Organization: Okinawa National College of Technology, CQ Publishing Co.,Ltd.,
Kyusyu Polytechnic College,Okinawa Polytechnic College.